Tuesday, March 2, 2010

District of Columbia FTW!

After yesterday's whinge about the pointlessness of my life, I have some good news to add. The District of Columbia (that's Washington DC to those of you who don't care about US geography) has passed a bill enabling same-sex couples to apply for marriage licenses. W

While nobody will be able to get married this week (it takes three days to process the application for a marriage license in DC, apparently), I still think this is an awesome step forward. That's now six states that allow the freedom that should be afforded to everyone. (Okay, I don't personally believe in marriage per se [I'm more of a civil union/domestic partnership person], but this still counts as a good thing.)

So *hi5* to DC's Chief Justice John Roberts for ignoring the conservative right and doing the just thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment