Sunday, February 3, 2013

What's So Special About 2013

You might be wondering why the blog got a re-design and why I now have a tumblr account and a facebook page filled with links to my writing work. Maybe you're not. But 2013 is the year to be serious about my career. After all, 13 is both a prime number and a Fibonacci number, so it doesn't get more geekily auspicious than that. Especially since the next year that will be both a prime number and a Fibonacci number will likely be after I die.

The schedule of events is as follows: I will be celebrating Tell A Fairy Tale Day on the 26th February by putting a fantasy short story up on Kindle Light, and finishing the current book in time for people to take it on summer holidays in August. The book is about a cat. Well, the cat thinks it's about the cat, as cats tend to; it's really about the family who adopted the cat, but don't tell the cat or he'll be offended and give you a sanctimonious stare. 

Those two projects are, in relative terms, simple. Adjusting to the technology needed by writers in the 21st century is less so, but I'll survive it I'm sure. So please bear with me while this African girl (you can take the girl out of Africa, but you can't take the Africa out the girl) adjusts to publicity tools that leave me baffled most of the time. I hope you have a great 2013, and we get to interact often over the coming months!

Brij x

No comments:

Post a Comment