Friday, September 7, 2012

BIke Ride of Epicness - Day 4

Another quick update.

I crashed (as in, got too tired to carry on) at 70kms on Wednesday. Thursday dawned with a blustery gale - between 15 and 25km/h wind - which I pushed against as hard as I could. At around the 45km mark, I almost got blown under an eighteen-wheel truck. I decided at that point that it would be more sensible to pull off, so found a farm that didn't mind randoms camping. They let me pitch in the forest by their fowl lake (from the colour of the water, 'foul' would also work in that sentence as a descriptor for 'lake', but it didn't stink), which was nicely sheltered from the wind. I took photos; I'll upload them soon.

As an aside, if you're ever driving up the A1 to Edinburgh, stop at the Cook and Barker pub in Newton-on-the-Moor. It's a lovely, lovely place. Best service and nicest chips so far this side of the border.

View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment